Major Wall Street indices closed in the green on Thursday as investors began weighing in on a potential pause in interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve following the March policy announcement. Some bottom-fishing at current levels could also have supported stocks. The Nasdaq Composite closed 1.01% higher while the S&P 500 gained 0.3% on Thursday. The Dow rose 0.23%. Meanwhile, the following are the five stocks that are drawing investors’ attention:
1. Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA): Shares of Tesla closed 0.56% higher. The EV-maker has exited a family’s suit that alleged their Model X vehicle accelerated unexpectedly and crashed into a restaurant, reported Bloomberg Law. A federal court stated the evidence indicates the driver hit the gas instead of the brake pedal, the report said.
Trending: Short Seller That Sunk Second-Richest Man Has New Target, And Jack Dorsey Is In The Crosshairs – Block (N
Must Read: Cathie Wood Shrugs Off Hindenburg Attack On Jack Dorsey’s Block With $21M Stock Buy — Slashes Enormous Tesla Stake
Also Read: How To Invest In Startups
2. Block Inc (NYSE:SQ): Shares of the company closed 14.82% lower on Thursday after Hindenburg Research issued a short report on the stock. Hindenburg Research claimed that Block overstated its genuine user counts and understated its customer acquisition costs. In response to the allegations, Block said it intends to work with the SEC and explore legal action against Hindenburg for a “factually inaccurate and misleading” report about Block’s Cash App business.
3. Netflix Inc (NASDAQ:NFLX): Shares of the streaming company closed 9.01% higher on Thursday. A report from YipitData said the company’s gross additions in Canada have improved, according to a CNBC report.
4. DiamondHead Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:DHHC): Shares of the blank check company closed 82.63% higher on Thursday after it announced a group of investors will be making a private investment in public entity (PIPE) to the tune of $75 million.
5. Amprius Technologies Inc (NYSE:AMPX): Shares of the company closed 39.09% higher on Thursday. The company reported a revenue of $4.4 million for the full year 2022 compared to $2.77 million in 2021.
Read Next: Block Claps Back At Short Seller Who Is Targeting Jack Dorsey, Adani: ‘Factually Inaccurate And Misleading’
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Retirement can be a difficult part of life to navigate, and a financial advisor can help. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
This article Tesla, Block, Netflix, DiamondHead, Amprius: Why These 5 Stocks Are Drawing Heavy Attention Today originally appeared on Benzinga.com